I’ve built up my kitchen over the years to cook for an army.. well exaggerating a bit, perhaps not an army, but easily 100 guests. But how often do I have 100 guests? Do I really need to maintain enough china, cutlery, and cooking utensils all year round for the occasional dinner party?
- two china sets, one that I had kept in boxes since my wedding
- pots and pans that were amazing in theory, yet practically so heavy they were probably made for a male chef with Arnold Schwarzenegger’s build
My criteria for what goes is:
- did my grandmother manage without this utensil / device?
- can I serve family and a few friends without having this?
- is it more useful for someone else than it is for me?
On the list of things to go next are all china, glassware & silverware I don’t use daily or weekly. As a first step.. stuff I’m giving away for free.. either it has a chip or I have two of it. Any takers?