Parsley (1/2) bunch
Large tomato (1)
green scallions (6)
Garlic (1) large clove
Pomegranate fruit (1/2) (optional)
Pomegranate syrup ( 3 table spoons)
Chopped Walnuts (1/2) cup
Olive oil (1/3) cup
Cinnamon ( 1/4) tea-spoon
Ground black pepper (1/4) tea-spoon
Salt to tast
- Gril the eggplant in the oven 20 minutes on each side( I suggest to gril 3 at a time, peel them when it cools and freeze two for use later
- Place eggplant in a glass bowl and mash it with potato masher until smooth, add the tomato( finely chopped and drained), the 1/2 bunch of parsely( washed, finely chopped and dried),wash and finely chopp the scalions and add.
- Mash the garlic with salt add lemon juice and pour in the bowl
- Add the chopped walnuts , pomegrants(optional), and the pomegrant syrup, cinimon and black peper, and mix all.
- Place it in a serving plate and pour olive oil on top.
Serving suggestions: with a nice steak, with kebbeh , or as a dipwith pita bread or crackers, enjoy, it is the best Baba Ghanooj ever.